Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 26 - All the Days of Our Lives






“One thing have I desired of the Lord; that will I seek after . . . that I may dwell in the house of the Lord, all the days of my life . . .” Psalm 27:4

We looked at this matter on a previous occasion, here in Cor Unum, but it is worth a second look!

On the day that we stop thinking that the “house of the Lord” is a “mansion” in heaven, on the day that we realize that the “house of the Lord” is the “tabernacle” which Jesus Himself has become for us, on that day, we begin to walk out the newness of life that His life has become for us!


Here in Cor Unum, we concern ourselves with the place that Jesus IS, not the place where we hope to live royally in the “sweet by and by.”

“One thing have I desired of the Lord; that will I seek after . . . that I may dwell in the house of the Lord, ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE!” The place where we abide in Him IN THIS LIFE, the place where He abides in us, and ALL OF US one in His Spirit, that is the place we seek. It is a place of obedience. We don’t stumble upon it. We ask, we seek, we knock . . . we receive, we find, and the door is opened to us.


"Every Heart a Mansion"
photo by Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and corrections are welcome in Cor Unum Abbey . . .