Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28 – Is This a Trick Question?




Did anyone ask, “So then, how DO WE continue in the love of God?”

Reading on, of course, in John 15, Jesus helps us with that . . .

“If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.”

We continue in the love of God just as Jesus did . . . we keep Jesus’ commandments to us just as He kept the Father’s commandments.

If we are not sure we may ask, “What are those commandments?”

Oh look! He tells us right away! We don’t even have to ask!

In fact, so that our joy might be full, He is telling us everything we have needed to hear!

“And this is my commandment,” He says, “that you love one another, (even) as I have loved you.” That’s it? It wasn’t a trick question? “Just” love one another? For joy and answered prayer and fruitful lives and fruit that REMAINS – just – LOVE ONE ANOTHER?

There must be a catch . . .




Therese of Lisieux
Scosiota, public domain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and corrections are welcome in Cor Unum Abbey . . .